Sample This: NBA Jam T.E. (PS1)

I have been reunited with my PS3 which is what I am using to capture this footage. Just a Question, when it comes to upscaling retro games, should I use the original aspect ratio, or should I stretch them to full screen? Which looks better to you as the viewer? I'm not just asking for PS1 games via the PS3, but also for when I use my Retron 5 for my cart games. 

 

 The PS1 version of Tournament Edition is a semi-recent acquisition for me. I grew up with the Genesis version, but the PS1 version feels so much faster, and is a lot harder than the Genny version. Either way, no matter which version of NBA Jam T.E. you get for any retro console, except maybe the handhelds (If I ever find my Game Gear Copy, I will share some footage via the Retron 5), you are guaranteed to have a ton of fun. Maybe people eventually got tired of this formula in the many games that used it, but man, this series is just plain fun. 

 

Midway had so many great arcade hits, but when it comes to alternative sports, nothing since has come close to the original NBA Jam, and Blitz series'. Maybe they do get repetitive after a while, but if you've been away from this series since the 90's, come back and play a couple of rounds of Tournament Edition, and you'll still love it. 

 

I just love this game, maybe more than I should, but I had so many great childhood memories playing the Genesis version with my Brother. So many hours of fun provided with this game, and a friend, or, if you were one of those few multitap owners, a few friends. Jumping from the Genesis to PS1 version, there is obviously an improvement in Graphics, sound, and even the announcers. This is an excellent version of this game, and mine came in the long-box. One of the few Long-Box PS1 games I have with the case. 

#NBAJamTE #NBAJAM #PS1

Comments